google contacts sync with phone question

Last Updated:

1. riverboat2001

riverboat2001 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have read the search results, but just a simple question.

When you sync items, phone/pda/pc etc, you get the oppertunity to choose which item takes priority if say mobile phone number has been changed in two devices.

How does this work between google and my phone.

I don't want to spend ages today getting my contacts just right on google via my pc to find they all go wonky when it syncs later on.

Cheers

ps Lekky, trying to come round to your way of doing things via online....:)

Advertisement
  2. Pojken

Pojken Well-Known Member

I have noticed that when I sync, priority goes to which ever adjustment was most recent. In other words, I add a number on my phone to my Google account. Once it syncs, it shows on my Contacts list in Gmail. Similarly, if I edit it on the computer (which I frequently do because I like specifics), it gets added to my phone.

I have yet to try to do both simultaneously - seems pointless to try. Oh, and the only wonkiness I've encountered is syncing facebook. Some people put their numbers on their account, so it actually shows up twice in different formats (I use country codes on my phone).

Hope that answered your question. Essentially, whichever chance you made last. I believe that if you do a major erase, there will be a warning, but I don't know for sure as I've not ever tried it.

Tim

riverboat2001 likes this.