Google contacts will not sync with Gmail contactsSupport

1. Nate1974

Nate1974 Member

All of my contacts are listed on my phone as google contacts, but when I try to sync my contacts with gmail (using Settings>Accounts & sync >Google), I get an error message regarding contacts sync that reads:

"Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly"

It's been seeing this for over a week now, any ideas why it's doing it and what I can do to try and fix it?

Thanks for any advice!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Ezduzit08

Ezduzit08 Well-Known Member

I'm having the same problem.
  3. DanDroid

DanDroid Well-Known Member

I'm not 100% sure, but I think your doing this backwards. The easiest way to add contacts to the phone is to log into Gmail and add them to the contacts. There is also an import feature that supports multiple file formats including .csv and others.
  4. MNCall

MNCall New Member

I had the same issue. Go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Running select Contacts Storage and Clear Data. Then try syncing.
    ginglish likes this.
  5. Bump! Same issue syncing contacts, I've tried deleting and resyncing but receive that error as well
  6. Thank you thank you thank you!

I had previously tried clearing data from the people app with no luck, it looks like my google contacts are loading now after clearing 92mb from the Contacts Storage cache!
  7. dcs3473

dcs3473 Member

Thank You

I was getting so frustrated with this thing. Almost took it back.
  8. bobski1

bobski1 New Member

I also have same problem clear cache still error mess.
    But when I use my wi-fi connection sync works fine need to resolve data usage any ideas