• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google contacts

RareDingo

Lurker
Mar 16, 2016
Hey all,
I've tried searching for an answer to this, I've noticed it's happened to many others but no one seems to know why or what the solution is.

Scenario:
I've been using google contacts for years. Always worked wonderfully. Any time I changed phones, even to an Apple, google always imported all my contacts.
Recently however, I tried the Apple iPhone 6S. I migrated from a Galaxy S6. I had issues because it tried to bring some old data in from the iCloud. In the end I eventually got the iPhone to read only contacts from Google. However, somehow, I lost plenty of contacts. Some that were G+ contacts just lost the phone numbers while I lost some others completely. I hated the iPhone 6S with a passion so (gave it to my daughter) and went back to Android, currently S7. Google again, lost some of my contacts. Now I'm not just talking about the phone, even using Chrome browser my contacts from Google were gone. Tried a backup but only good for 30 days and even then some contacts just floated off into Cyber space.

Have I done something wrong or is Google contacts having some issues, and how do I future proof myself.

cheers

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones