Google ContactsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Vinsanity93

Vinsanity93 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so I exported my contacts to my SDcard and imported it into the Gmail Contact Manager. Now all of my contacts on my phone say Google on them and I have no more phone contacts. I thought it was just going to save the contacts not replace them and now they are not syncing with Verizon's backup assistant. I've also noticed an error with the phone numbers.

Is there a way to reverse this?

Advertisement
  2. jayefef

jayefef Well-Known Member

This might be a blessing in disguise. If you have all your contacts as Google contacts, you will never have to worry about backup assistant again. Its syncs with google now.

3. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

THIS ^^^ having your contacts in --

google >>> Verizon's back-up assistant

4. Vinsanity93

Yea but how will I sync them if I dont have a Google phone anymore? And what if I can't connect to gmail, it says I have no more phone contacts.

5. jayefef

Google also exports contacts as csv/vcard files. If you have an Android device you will always be able to sync with your google account. Phone contacts are stored on the internal storage and managed by HTC sense by default (I never liked this so i made it a habit to either input contacts on a browser or by selecting the setting in the phone under add to people option).

6. Vinsanity93

Ok so if I don't have an Android phone I can export my contacts to my sdcard from my computer and then import them onto my phone?

And since I have no more phone contacts then I have no contacts stored on internal storage, like you said, so what if I have no connection to Google?

7. jayefef

yes. I believe you can do that.

If you have no connection to google as in you don't have a google account? or you can't use a data connection or wi-fi connection?

8. Vinsanity93

As in no data or wifi connection

9. jayefef

Your contacts will still be there. I have been in airplane mode and lacked internet connections and have seen my people/contacts where they belong. Don't quote me but I believe that info, which is synced through Google, is cached as memory on the phone.

Hope that helps

Vinsanity93 likes this.