Google contacts

Last Updated:

1. czechplastik

czechplastik Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 25, 2010
    I have searched on this and found various threads on contacts but none which really answer my question.

I've been playing around with things for days trying to get my contacts set up the way I want.

In the people app everything is fine, all linked up to facebook etc and people only appear once.

Under the phone tab, I have duplicates of pretty much everyone, it displays contacts on the phone memory and on the sim. I know how to hide individual contact lists on the people app but can't find any way to edit them under phone.

Because everything looks so messy I have been going into people and making phone calls through that but I was hoping this would be a short term solution.

Because of the way Google is heavily integrated I was thinking the best thing to do is sync all the contacts I want to google and delete everything else. Problem there is I can't work out how to do this, when I log into gmail on PC, I have some but not all my contacts listed.

Any simple suggestions how to sort this out without risking loss of contacts?