• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Lost my google contacts, gave my old phone to a friend he reset it to factory settings. Now I've got no google contacts on my device?
How do I find them?

You will need to enable SYNC with your Google account, given the contacts are still there.

Open your Gmail account, make sure your contacts are intact. If you see them, then go to System Settings - Accounts tab - Google, touch the email address listed on top of the screen. Once you open details of your sync Google account, check the Contacts box and your phone should sync them in manner of minutes.

Make sure your SYNC in enabled in your notification. Pull down the notification on top of your display, and select the SYNC. If Sync is not listed, press the little 4 tiles icons like, in the top right corner, to view all your activities within the Notification area.

Upvote 0
Lost my google contacts, gave my old phone to a friend he reset it to factory settings. Now I've got no google contacts on my device?
How do I find them?

If you added them normally as a Google contact, they should be in there. When you factory reset and the phone reboots it should then ask you to log in to your Google account. Once the setup is finished it should auto sync (sync should auto enable) and grab all of your contacts.

Go into your Settings > Accounts > Google and tap on the little sync icon. You should see a large list of things to sync. Be sure to untick anything you do not need synced (like Google Photos if you do not use the service).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones