Google Contacts

Last Updated:

1. skinink66

skinink66 Banned This Topic's Starter

:eek:In my contacts, I have several phone numbers which are replicated in several different profiles. e.g. Phone number 555-555-1515 is my 'work' number, my partners work number, my boss' work number, etc. I as well have 'work' listed as a contact with that number as the main number. When I receive a call from that number, it's hit or miss as to what shows up in the caller ID. Could be Work, could be my boss, etc. It seems to show who ever was the last person listed in my call list. My boss should never show in my caller ID as calling from that number, it should always be 'Work' calling.

Any ideas? :eek:

Advertisement
  2. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

Not sure. If you are only using Google Contacts, can you go in and edit them in your browser? Probably easier than doing it on the phone.

3. taiguy

taiguy Well-Known Member

well first of all why do you have the same number in different profiles????

manage all of the associations in google contacts online.

4. skinink66

None of your contacts have the same number of another contact? You must not know many people!! Ease away from the keyboard my friend, you'll be okay!! :cool:

5. cooper1010

cooper1010 Well-Known Member

you mean, all those people make outgoing calls utilizing the same #, right? i imagine if you wanted to call your boss, you'd dial one #, your co-worker, you'd dial a different one, right?

if all outgoing (incoming to your mobile) are all from the same #, then, no; i don't see a work-around. just make it say "work" and then ask "who is this?"

6. skinink66

You got it Coop! I have it that way, because I have a 'Work' contact with that number as the main number.

Problem is that when someone calls me from the 'work' number, one time it comes up as 'work', the next it might come up as 'boss work', next time 'co-worker work', etc. I just assumed that it would always come up and show the 'work' contact.

I guess I'll have to remove it from each of the contacts. When someone sends a vcard or similar, it usually has a work number, home, etc., so this is where the duplicate numbers come from. Thanks!

7. chrismmm

chrismmm Well-Known Member

that may because your phone sees those numbers..as from the pbx system vs. diff numbers..ck it out