Google Disappearing ContactsSupport

Last Updated:

1. appleaj

appleaj Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So lately I've saved some contacts (from a text message and the other from a phone call), and linked them to my Google account. They'll stay for a day or two, then the contact will just disappear (not in phone or Gmail online). I've tried re-saving numerous times, same result. Then I decided to just enter them in my contacts in Gmail, and it worked for only one.

Anyone else had this issue? I have not found anyone with this same case.

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Are you using Skype? There have been reports of Skype deleting contacts upon exit.

3. airjordan223

airjordan223 Well-Known Member

I've been using skype recently and it has been deleting some of my contacts at random.

Very frustrating

4. kriskmk

kriskmk Well-Known Member

I've had that problem too and for some reason the contacts that are on my favorites widget will not show up on my contacts and will only show up if I scroll to the particular group.

5. highvolts

highvolts Well-Known Member

I had this exact problem when Verizon's "Backup Assistant" was running. BA would contantly overwrite my Google contacts. Only once I disabled BA did my Google contact sync work correctly. It took me a while to figure this out....

6. halfkorean

halfkorean Member

Same here I have a couple of contacts that are on my favorites and that wont show up under "all" part of conacts but will show up under the favorites tab and in the widget.

7. rapidsandroid

rapidsandroid Well-Known Member

I found when I added contacts on my Incredible and they didn't show up in my contacts list on the phone (but they do when I search for the name on the phone), I would log into Gmail and go to Contacts. There I would find that the number for My Contacts did not match the number for All Contacts. I then clicked on All Contacts, the name I added on the phone, then Move to Contacts option at the top of the box. That resolved it and the name immediately showed up in my contact list on my phone.

8. rapidsandroid

rapidsandroid Well-Known Member

Also, I discovered People widgets need to sync either manually or wait for the scheduled time to show any changes. The sync between all Contacts list and Gmail is immediate though.
    Try going into Menu, Settings, Accounts & Sync, Google, Sync Now.
    That should resolve the People widget issue.

9. appleaj

appleaj Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yes, but it's not linked to my contacts in any way.