Google Docs on G1?Support

Last Updated:

1. Scottdroid

Scottdroid Active Member This Topic's Starter

Can anyone tell me if you can Read AND write in Google docs? I'm a writer and work with docs in a lot of remote locations, so being able to use the G1 to help on those first drafts would be a great boon to my process.

My local T-Mobile is getting 35 on Wednesday, hopefully I'll be able to snag a bronze one.

Advertisement
  2. OrganizedFellow

OrganizedFellow Well-Known Member

You mean brown?

As for the Google Docs, I dunno.
    I surely hope so.
    A quick search of these forums should reveal something for you.

3. Scottdroid

Well, I installed the SDK and tried it for myself. It doesn't Just reads or deletes them, which is more than the iPhone can do. (only reads)

Well, I do mean brown, but I was at Tmobile and the rep said Bronze and was holding tickets for Black and Bronze (unless his saying "bronze" made me think I was reading "bronze" when the ticket really said "brown."

Anyway, thanks. Maybe I'll write a writing app for it. Ha!

4. OrganizedFellow

OrganizedFellow Well-Known Member

"It doesn't Just reads or deletes them" = we can edit GDocs? save them? create new?

If so, ****EN AWESOME!
    :)

I halfway changed my mind about my order. Requested black, and though ... hhmm, the brown would look nice, considering all the topics I read, everyone was saying they were going for black.

5. Scottdroid

No, at least with the current version, Android can only read, them. I must be more scatterbrained than I thought. I can't find the Delete button that I thought I was seeing on it last night. So you can only read Google Docs.

I did just have a baby 3 weeks ago and I'm missing some incredible amounts of sleep.

6. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

There may not be a GDocs application on the G1 for awhile.....but, this is an internet-optimized phone, so you should be able to just go to google docs and use it over the internet. At least that's my guess.

7. WLCD

WLCD New Member

so that means i will be able to use google doc on the android soon if u write an app for it ? and if u do when will it be up ?