Google Earth in Market not signedSupport

Last Updated:

1. Pooh434

Pooh434 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all, I downloaded the Google Earth link successfully prior to it being available in the Market, and I've used it with no problem. After seeing it in the Market, I figured I'd go ahead and download the Market version, so I'd get updates. However, I can't get a successful download after 10 tries. It keeps saying application not signed, download unsuccessful. Do I need to uninstall my third party link off the phone first???? Has anyone else had this problem? Would my current version of Google Earth get update notifications since it didn't come from the Market??? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Humpa

Humpa Well-Known Member

Uninstall the "unsupported" version of Google Earth you have on your phone before trying to install the real supported version. That's what I did and had no issues - I had assumed having two of the same app was probably not a good idea to attempt. ;)

Pooh434 likes this.
  3. Lefort1

Lefort1 Well-Known Member

Same deal here. I had the .apk from the forums installed and it kept muffing up the install of the market version. Delete it and the market version will install like normal.

4. Pooh434

Pooh434 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Bingo!!! That was it. Thanks fellow Androidians! :) Is that even a word? LOL

5. JackS124

JackS124 New Member

This is still an ongoing problem for a number of Incredible users, myself included. The uninstall of the forum version/re-install from the Market does not work for me. I continue to get a "Package file is invalid" message or "Package is not signed correctly" on the re-install.