• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

google earth update probs

waynester

Android Enthusiast
Oct 11, 2008
new update to google earth, anyone else have probs?

first time I tried to update , it reported not enough memory and in process uninstalled google earth already installed.
Due to bug in froyo/Dinc I do get low memory warnings at about the 300MB area. So I went ahead and cleaned , uninstalled a few things.
New market bug or GE update caused icons in top of market app (side scrolling) to change to all default andy (little android guy) images. I exited market , rebooted phone and entered market, program icons are back.
Went to" my apps" google earth not even listed, so I search market try to install google earth and , do not pass go, it immediately crashed and rebooted phone. So I think to wait a few days to let waters clear , check the reviews and try again.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones