Google Earth Update

Last Updated:

1. RandolphNY

RandolphNY Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. slick_old

slick_old Well-Known Member

Google earth can be had if you know where to look. For me, it's too gigantic (22megs?) to justify keeping on my phone and it's basically just a "show-off" app (i.e., it has no real usefulness...for me, atleast)

3. jddogg

jddogg Member

Isn't google maps the same exact thing?

4. dmaul3300

dmaul3300 Well-Known Member

If a person already has google earth installed, they can always use a program like mybackup or i think atrackdog to make a copy of the apps you have installed on the phone. I know before I ran the 2.1 update, I backed up all my data to be on the safe side.

google earth was still on my phone and works after I updated to 2.1. I am thinking about uninstalling it because of the size. Once we are able to install apps on our sd card, I will install it again.

5. &roid

&roid Well-Known Member

I had Earth installed before 2.1, it's still there now, and it works...a but slower, but it's better if i do not use live wallpapers.

6. Eugene

Eugene Well-Known Member

Stayed installed for me too, it never was on the marketplace since it wasn't supported on 2.0 so I installed from a forum link and after the 2.1 upgrade its still there.

7. Ceely4

Ceely4 Member

The problem must be fixed. I searched the market this morning and found it, downloaded it and it works fine. I

8. deeznuts2

deeznuts2 Well-Known Member

Google Earth is back up in the market place.

However, I (and others) are also getting a "CPU API Incompatible" message when trying to install it, regardless of the ROM being run (stock 2.1, custom, etc etc). I only ran into this problem when I tried updating to the latest version of google earth - the original one I had was working fine. An uninstall/reinstall does not help either.

Couple of threads about this but no one with an answer as to why.

Oh well...