Google Experience LauncherGeneral

Last Updated:

1. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Anyone had the nerve to install and use this yet?

I have the apks from the Phandroid article, but am hesitant to install since I have this thing just the way I want it now with Apex Launcher Pro.

I'm tired of being the guinea pig :D

2. wyndslash

wyndslash Well-Known Member

I did it on my note 2 and removed it right after lol. I don't like the huge icons and the home screen is on the right
  3. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

I'm waiting for 4.4 then I'm going to become a gogglenaut. Everything Google all the time. G+. Hangouts, whatever they throw at me I'm going to use. Right now I just use Gmail and Maps.
  4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

its not bad....nothing to get all giddy about......not sure i like that you can't add more only get three which one is dedicated to google seems pretty basic, not much as far as settings go.

here is some screen shots:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
  5. KOLIO

Not missing anything, go with HOLO/APEX/NOVA launchers.

I don't mind the ever present GOOGLE NOW page,but,the lack of customization on both desktop & app drawer is a no-go for this.
    ocnbrze likes this.
  6. ocnbrze

yeah and now i have had a few fc's with google now on this launcher.

hopefully when kitkat comes out they will improve on this and make it more customizable.

and yes the icons are a bit big for me.
    The_Chief and KOLIO like this.
  7. Dragoro

Dragoro Well-Known Member

Hrmm I have 4 screens not including the google now screen.
  8. chimphappyhour

chimphappyhour Well-Known Member

I installed it last night right before bed and made sure it worked but reverted back to the normal launcher before I went to sleep, just in case. I didn't have time to properly play with it and set up my screens. I also realized that in my usual groggy morning state, I should probably leave it on something familiar. :p

It certainly looked cool but that might just be the "new-ness". I did just play with it now to see how many screens I had. There wasn't the usual settings page to add screens but if you drag an icon to the right edge, it'll move to the next page. (Out of the box, I had two screens plus the Now screen.) The screens it came with all have something on them. This is important from what I can tell. So dragging an icon to the right edge of the second screen caused another screen to be made so I could put that icon on it but it won't add yet another until you place something on that empty screen. Smart. So far, I got it up to six screen and haven't tried adding more because six is already excessive to me and I haven't tried seeing if I can delete screens yet.
    The_Chief and ocnbrze like this.
  9. Dragoro

Dragoro Well-Known Member

Screen deletes itself once you remove all apps from that screen.
    ocnbrze likes this.
  10. sjfwhite

sjfwhite Member

Using it now after following the instructions at Phandroid. It works great and I like the simplicity of it. By the way, this is a Rogers SM-N900W8.
  11. chimphappyhour

chimphappyhour Well-Known Member

Yup, found that out over lunch. I like that it just does this stuff without us having to physically add and delete screens. I think this is the kind of thing that might make me switch over permanently from the stock launcher.
  12. ocnbrze

Meh........nova launcher is so much better and customizable then this or touchwiz.
  13. zipred

zipred Well-Known Member

Three cheers dontpanicbobby :D

I'm eager to read about your experience as Googlenaut... something I must admit I've considered, but lacked the courage to do ... ha... ha...ha

Keep us posted and all the best,
  14. hilker09

hilker09 Well-Known Member

I love this launcher. Being able to start a Google search from any home page by simply saying "OK, Google," (or try "OK, Jarvis) is enough for buy in from me. I really like its simplicity.