Google Gesture

1. jestexman

jestexman Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. skunkpbguy

skunkpbguy Well-Known Member

Grabbed it, tried it.. if it was integrated with the Google bar, total WIN.. however it is not..
  3. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

I wish it was integrated into the contacts. Kinda cool but really not very useful
  4. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

Anyone else see that we're eventually going full circle BACK to the Palm style letter writing? Eventually, you won't even need to type in the search bar, just spell it out with "gestures". Oh wait, Palm did that back in the 80-90s! Not new, Google! Dolphin already figured it out. Anymore patents you all want to infringe upon? Really?

Note: I also downloaded it. Agree it should be incorporated into the search bar.
  5. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

This looks very interesting. I've downloaded it and will have to play with it a little in order to form a proper opinion.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Kratos
  6. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

i like it but to bad you have to open a new app to use it.
  7. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

Exactly, another half-a$$'d, half-way thought out application release from Google. First, Buzz, then Shopper, now this. Who's employing and project managing these jokers? Would it be too hard to implement it into the search bar at least?

Don't get me wrong, the initial stuff is pretty good, but it's like an incomplete project. Needs more work and integration.
  8. jbolenbaugh

jbolenbaugh Member

Don't get me wrong. The development of these new apps does seem incomplete. However, the point of google labs is to identify trends in user desires. If a million people download a lab app, it signals google which direction to go in. My 2 cents.
    fortworthbret, nycebo and skunkpbguy like this.
  9. skunkpbguy

skunkpbguy Well-Known Member

Agreed, they are working on this.. same with Buzz, Maps and Earth for mobile.. none of them are complete, YET. :)
  10. BiGMERF

i dont think gesture is a question of like or dislike more than functionality
  11. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member

Can anybody with a Moto Droid get it to work searching apps? Supposedly a gesture will search contacts, web page favorites, and apps. Mine will never find any apps, even when I "gesture" a "G" for "Gesture" it doesn't show up.
  12. BiGMERF

go to settings and check it to discover apps too
  13. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member

It's already checked. I even unchecked and re-checked it.
  14. jfe

jfe Well-Known Member

Cool, another thing to further screw up my handwriting, I still write all crazy after learning the "Palm Graffiti"

Most people that read my notes think that it's some sort of ransom note
  15. Bkfraiders7

Bkfraiders7 Well-Known Member

All the people complaing already....No wonder GMail was beta for so long.

Now, I am whole heartedly agreeing with the people who say this should be incorporated into the phone and shouldnt be an independent app. But like whoever up there said, this is a lab project. In fact, it showed you it was a lab project when you first went into it. I know you should say what you want from the app, but labeling something practically a failure when its a Lab and practically beta is dumb.
  16. &roid

&roid Well-Known Member

My wish is that it would search calender entries....
  17. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

i like that these so called half done apps are some of my faves, not gestures, is meant for a dif market than me.

but shopper is a pretty sweet idea, maps and navigation, for being half done, work VERY WELL

and buzz is my most anticipated app right now, they are probably going to build a dedicated app, so yeah. i am waiting excitedly
  18. sghere

sghere Well-Known Member

I installed...then uninstalled about an hour after playing with it. Not for me if it's a standalone app.

If it was incorporated into the Google search feature...then heck yeah I'd keep it.

S
  19. aaron5610

aaron5610 Well-Known Member

Yea without being in your contacts, and music and all its not much use. Its a stand alone app that really just using the search key is faster. It has no real use other than being able to say my droid can read my handwriting, big deal lol. Maybe it will turn into something more useful on down the road...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  20. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

Whiners, this app is great. It finds my contacts just fine. I swear someone could give you guys a free beer and you'd find a way to complain about it.
  21. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

I'm using it for contacts, it's fun and fast!
    I would NEVER complain about free beer :D
  22. square

square Well-Known Member

what kind of beer?
  23. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

Dont make me round your corners!
  24. ninjoblio

ninjoblio Member

I heard Goggle's going to be releasing free beer for Android on 3/5.