• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Glass Tour, Boston MA, July 26, 2014

dontpanicbobby

100% That Guy
Dec 31, 2011
Boston MA USA
I was an attendee at the Google Glass Tour that came to Boston MA, this past Saturday and had a really good time. At the event there were exhibits for the history of wearables, A try on station with 4 different varieties of Glass wear frames and lenses, Translate, which I thought was the coolest exhibit. What you did there was look at a sign in a different language,, tap on Googl Glass and give the command, OK Google, Translate; in about a second a picture is taken of the sign then an English translation of the sign replaces it. Really cool! Languages included French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish, Each Language could be translated to English or from English to that language. The only bump I saw with it is that you have to know what language you are looking at. Google Glass did not automatically detect the language,

One really odd application that they were showing off was a bluetooth connected basketball that would track ball spin and trajectory to help you enhance your free-throw accuracy. I never saw so many people miss free-throws, I hate to sound like someone who stereotypes but at a guess I would say Sports is not the forte of most Google Glass explorers.

Plenty of food was on had. They had just about every type of slider you could imagine from Beef to Vegetarian, Mushrooms, Onions and Peppers, and plenty of Coffee,soft drinks and water to keep you hydrated. All in all a really fune event. If Google Glass tour is coming to your area I urge you to go and check it out. Google seems to be keeping the venues close to the chest so stay tuned to there Google+ page https://plus.google.com/+GoogleGlass/posts/P52BPZiQL5S

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones