Google Goggles Camera Quality

Last Updated:

1. ccoram

ccoram Active Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone noticed that the camera quality in the pic that Google Goggles takes is like 10,000 times better than the camera app? Or is it just me?

It seems like it takes much more crisp pics.

Advertisement
  2. mrempp

mrempp Active Member

i would totally agree that the pics taken in google goggles are way better than stock camera.

3. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Well-Known Member

You are correct, nothing wrong with the lens, it is all software related. We will get a update to this, and the pics will be awesome.

4. zandroid

zandroid Well-Known Member

The question is then... these pictures must be stored somewhere in the phone, right? Even if it does the whole scanning thing, it would be nice to be able to get the pix. Anyone with me?

5. del2484

del2484 Well-Known Member

Funny, I was thinking the same thing as I was playing around with it last night.

6. rhyno

rhyno Well-Known Member

I remember watching the google goggles video and I believe the developers mentioned that you have the option to either delete the picture or store it for later reference. I don't have google goggles yet but if you do a search for the vid, I'm, sure you will get your answer :)

7. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

I found the pictures in history but no way to open. I took another picture and while it was analyzing, I hit the menu button and it gave me the option to share, so I sent it to myself in an email. That worked. I don't know if that is how it is SUPPOSED to be done but that is one option.

8. kingdeeray

kingdeeray Well-Known Member

How can I get this app, Is it on the market? And I don't have a Droid I have a Cliq

9. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

I got it from the market but I have a Droid. I don't know if it's available for Cliq.

10. zandroid

zandroid Well-Known Member

thanks for the tip... wish I had seen this before my concert tonight, the Droid camera really let me down.

11. thrifty

thrifty Well-Known Member

It's not any better imo... slower even...

I've found that you need to press the camera button half way to get a focus... then press fully to take the pic.

don't use the virtual button but the one on the side... works much better ..:)

12. dw0095

dw0095 Well-Known Member

I to was surprised at how focused the pics come out with goggles. I wasn't even "trying" to get it to focus, just testing out the software and what a difference over the stock camera software. Too bad this wasn't included in our recent OTA.

Come on People!

13. Cruzatte

Cruzatte Well-Known Member

same impression as yall. I took a picture of a business card up close, and had a real "holy crap" moment when I saw how incredibly clear it was on the screen. took the same picture with the camera, not nearly as crisp. I'd do a side-by-side, but I can't find the goggles images either-- they're online somewhere; I went into airplane mode and tried to look at my goggles search history; it told me that it couldn't reach http://www.google.com/visualsearch/history (which is a 404 when you just put it i the browser).