• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Goggles: Google Goggles Sees Everything

RHCPfan21

Lurker
Jun 7, 2010
When I say this is what makes android apps the best of the best, this application right here is the icing on the cake. This app is absolutely, hands down, my favorite application on android. All you need to do is hold up your android phone to any picture, item, logo, anything, and this application takes a picture of it, scans it, then brings you to a webpage that tells you what the image of what you took a picture of is, the price (if it is a retail product), and links to different online sources. This app is great for people who don't feel like typing on a hardware keyboard or an onscreen keyboard, but rather just take a picture of what they are trying to search and get web results efficiently through this revolutionary application. This application lets you scan products and find their models and it helps you compare prices, which helps people save money. For instance, recently, my monitor is a Dell branded product, but it doesn't show the model. So I took my phone, used Google Goggles, and found all about my monitor. I was shocked not only by how efficiently and accurate the search was, but by how fast it was. Within a few seconds, I was able to see what model my monitor was, compared to searching over a few minutes or hours on the internet trying to find it. One thing I have to say about this app is that if you want to take a picture, you have to have little to no movement at all while taking one or else the image will get altered and the search will be inaccurate or it won't be able to identify the image you took. Besides that, this application does what it's name says. This application can see everything and tell you what it is. This is one of the best, and everyone should have it on their android phones.

I like it, but lately it doesn't work. Everytime I start the app I get a "force close" button, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, clearing the cache, etc, but it still more often than not, crashes on me. Even when it does work I often get a purple broken up image.

shame, but hopefully a new build will be released soon

Upvote 0
Google is one of the five most popular websites in the world. Google is a web search engine that lets you find other sites on the web based on keyword searches. Google also provides specialized searches through blogs, catalogs, videos, news items and more.
But sometimes, google doesn't sees everything that you need...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones