• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Google] Google Play Please Help

simonfoy

Oct 18, 2010
I cannot seem to log in to download apps on GP.

I keep getting the error, 'Couldn't sign in. there was a problem communicating with google server'

I don't think it even tries, it comes up with that message immediately. Also if I go to make a new username as if I am not already a user, every username i choose displays the message that the user is taken. Even the most obscure names I choose.
Wifi is on. So it mobile Data
I can connect to the Play store through the browser.
I've reinstalled the OS, data reset the works and still nothing.

It is just as if it doesn't even try to communicate because when I click to login it is the Couldn't sign in comes up immediately.

Can anyone help please. I cannot get any apps without it

It is running Android 4.4.2

Thanks Simon

I keep getting the error, 'Couldn't sign in. there was a problem communicating with google server'

I don't think it even tries, it comes up with that message immediately. Also if I go to make a new username as if I am not already a user, every username i choose displays the message that the user is taken. Even the most obscure names I choose.

It is just as if it doesn't even try to communicate because when I click to login it is the Couldn't sign in comes up immediately.

Thanks Simon

Is this a new device, or did it just start happening? I've looked around and that error message is generic at best. I did find this article. Have a read and see if this applies to you. I know his issue is with a Nexus 7, but the error is the same.

Good luck

-DanDroid

Reactions: simonfoy
Upvote 0
moving to google forum.

to help with troubleshooting:

login using your desktop credentials AND THE EXACT email address used at the google play store that you have the apps on.

try on a trusted known working wifi connection.

force close the play store, remove any updates in the apps info section.

check your google dashboard on the desktop to see if you have any errors/syncing errors, and do the same in your accounts and sync tab on your device.

worse case, factory reset.

if you are rooted that changes things.

Reactions: simonfoy
Upvote 0
i am having the same issue with my note 3. I've had this device for a week now and everything was working smoothly. up until this afternoon where i can't connect to play store or us google apps via wifi. I've search and tried everything from factory reset to changing MTU on router, clearing date from play store, google play services in settings. nothing has worked

i am not rooted

Upvote 0
i am having the same issue with my note 3. I've had this device for a week now and everything was working smoothly. up until this afternoon where i can't connect to play store or us google apps via wifi. I've search and tried everything from factory reset to changing MTU on router, clearing date from play store, google play services in settings. nothing has worked

i am not rooted

Is it working now? About four days ago I found Play wasn't working either, and Gmail was very slow as well.

Upvote 0

Thanks Simon

Thanks Simon

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones