Google I/O 2013 set for May 15th-17th! Anyone think we'll see a new Nexus 5?

1. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Yup it'll be here before ya know it...Google I/O is set to start on May 15th 2013.

So does anyone think we'll see a new variant of the Nexus, N5?

Advertisement
  2. kalaster

kalaster Well-Known Member

My guess is price drop on the nexus 4 and a new 32GB model at 349$

perhaps a refresh in the nexus 7 line up

android 4.3 or 5.0 keylime pie

and a better fleshed out version of the Nexus Q

I wish i had $900 to spare for the google I/O ticket :thumbdown:
  3. HereticSins

HereticSins Well-Known Member

Doubt the Nexus 5.
  4. Banished Angel

Banished Angel Well-Known Member

Nexus 5 6 months after the Nexus 4 would be.. different. I hope it's Android 5.0!
  5. kalaster

kalaster Well-Known Member

yea, Google is not evil like apple :p if anything, a new version of Nexus 7 with the latest android update out of the box
  6. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping for a high end Nexus by HTC or Motorola. Complete with a 5 inch screen but still pretty easy to handle, similar to the DNA in size. Toped of with some Key Lime pie...
  7. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

I'd be super excited for a high end model, maybe priced differently then the Nexus 4 with potentially more memory.
  8. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-) VIP Member

I don't remember about the Nexus S, but the Nexus One, Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 4 were all introduced around November. I/O is usually more about new versions-upticks of Android, so probably key Lime Pie.
  9. yfan

yfan Well-Known Member

Well, first of all, remember that Google I/O is more than just about Android, and definitely more than about the Nexus line. There are Chrome (and Chrome OS), search, Wallet, Google Plus (and Hangout), Maps, coding for Chrome OS and Android, Glass, and any number of other products and services.

I doubt very much any new version of the Nexus hardware gets announced. I don't think Google wants to confuse users in a shorter-than-one-year timeline. There may be things on the software end, like Android 5.0.
  10. Rcarnes91

Rcarnes91 Well-Known Member

I bet it will have more to do with Google branded 4g network
  11. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Now that I would love...
  12. Rcarnes91

Maybe can't love something that you have no idea about, but if Google touches it it normally turns to gold
  13. Banished Angel

Unless it's an online marketplace xD
  14. MT Rotor

MT Rotor Guest

Forget htc & motorola as the next maker use either Samsung or lg,...apple already makes a profit off of HTC and Motorola is too verizonish based nowadays, use either samsung,lg,or even a real google built device chosen by what consumers want based on polls and past history on what worked and what didn't,..Samsung currently makes chips for iPhones so maybe steal something from apples buffet of device technology...just my opinion
  15. Banished Angel

Google owns Motorola. A Motorola Nexus would be great. Google from the drawing board to the manufacturing. That would truly be a Google phone.
    sean76 likes this.
  16. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Ear to the ground my man....Google is in love with Tmobile.

Hint Hint...Google is definitely looking to scoop up a wireless network, Tmobile would fit there needs very well. Weirder things have happened.
  17. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Indeed... Straight from the Ground up! And with Google owning Moto for some time now I can definitely see this happening rather sooner then later.

Also Moto can 100% handle customer demand, we all know what's going on right now with LG not being able to meet demand with the Nexus 4
  18. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Lv 60 Bounty Hunter Moderator

thread moved to Android Lounge since it isn't specific to the Nexus 4

Thanks!
    Kelmar and AntimonyER like this.
  19. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

I would like to see a Google Isis partnership so my phone can get Google Wallet again. I miss it. I like the sound of a Google carrier as well, but doubt I will ever see it in the rural south. :(
  20. bigdrew

bigdrew Well-Known Member

If Google could ship the Razr HD with stock Android, you'd have your Motorola Nexus. There's probably something contractual with Verizon that prevents them from doing that though.

I agree that the only Nexus hardware that will likely be launched will be a followup to the Q. The 7 could be updated too, but it's still outspeccing the Nook, Kindle, and the ipad mini.
  21. Rcarnes91

Yeah but Google would not want to keep legacy networks going that's why I think the deal with DirecTV is more likely
  22. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Or a social network...
  23. Rcarnes91

G+ is better then Facebook just needs more people as soon as more of my friends join I will ditch Facebook in a heart beat
  24. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Update on Fiber and the possible cell network is all I want to see. :)
  25. Wilkas

Wilkas Well-Known Member

A lot of rumours here that Sony will be doing the next nexus device (don't know whether a phone or tablet) so if KLP is launched I reckon it could be on that... don't forget there has been news reports saying that the Nexus line can now be on multiple phones so doesn't really matter the LG only came out a few months before.