• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google I/O 2015 Companion Thread

codesplice

Elite Recognized Moderator
Oct 29, 2013
Huntsville, AL
It's the best time of the year - for Google fans, at least!

We're bound to see/hear a lot of great new announcements and info, so I thought it might be useful/entertaining to have a thread to keep track of new features and updates, product announcements, and other details as we all follow along with our livestreams/liveblogs of choice. This will also be a great place for any general chit-chat that doesn't quite merit its own thread just yet.

Any new products that get announced will also likely be accompanied by new forums here at AF, so we could also include links to those as they get spun up. ;)

Useful links to get us started:

Keynote highlights:

Not keynote, but still highlights:

GSMArena also has a nice single-post collection (okay, two single posts, which is still much more efficient than most of the other tech blogs so far) of the new features and changes specific to Android M:

We've got a little over an hour now before the keynote kicks off - what are you expecting/hoping to see?

I may not have a surplus of time to keep up with things today, so all Moderators and Guides are welcome to edit this post to keep things up to date as new links are posted. :)

Last edited:
*excited!! Anyone got a link to a live stream I can watch on my phone?
I'm hoping for a Google "nexus" watch (even though I'll probably never wear one) and an update to Cardboard

You should be able to view the video stream in the I/O 2015 app or at the official site (I think).

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Me, I'm following JR Raphael's livetwitblogthing over at http://www.computerworld.com/article/2926008/android/google-io-2015-live-blog-streaming-video.html, as I don't think I'll be able to dedicate the time to actually watching the keynote in realtime this year.

(Besides, I burned up my data allotment streaming the keynote in HD last year since it always airs during my lunch away from a computer. ;) )

He's currently theorizing that this may be a relatively minor I/O following Google's alternating schedule (2012 - HUGE, 2013 - small, 2014 - HUGE, 2015.... we'll find out)

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Looking good
1432829701800.jpg

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0
Ooh the app is gorgeous mate thanks! (unlimited data and unemployment ftw) :D

LoL :D

No news yet obviously, but they used the massive screens to make it look like the hall they were talking in was underwater. I thought that was pretty cool.

The attached is taken from the Androidpolice coverage.

Attachments

• 1432829696873990.png
    1432829696873990.png
    817.1 KB · Views: 46
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones