• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Images no longer working

J S Machine

Jul 28, 2010
I regularly use google images throughout the day, especially at work. All the sudden, I can't get them to work. I can go to google, search for something...tap the images tab up top..then the thumbnails come up..When I tap a thumbnail to enlarge it, and possibly save the picture, I can't do it. It will not enlarge, and the screen will not change pages either. If I try to go to the images page two, nothing happens.

What is going on here? I called Verizon, they don't seem to know.

My X is not rooted and running 2.3.4, system version 4.5.621

Browsing history has been cleared and cache has been cleared..I don't know what else to try.

Don't know what the deal is but mine is still doing this. Glad to know it is really an issue and not just my phone. Talked on the phone with a tech from VZW yesterday for about twenty minutes. His razr was not doing it (of course), but he said he didnt know what the problem was. Said that he checked their internal tech forums (I'm guessing the public doesn't have access to) and said he didn't see anything there either.

:(

Upvote 0
I just fixed this, literally by using voice search and saying "google images should ****in' work"

And, it did.

This is 100% true, but before I said that I closed all the different browser windows that were open. I didn't even know it had multiple windows open. I don't see why this would affect a website like Google Images, but it makes more sense than literally yelling at it to work.

Pretty obnoxious. I've been looking like an idiot in front of groups of people lately because I'm trying to bring up images to show my audience, and I'm pressing the thumbnails on my screen like a jackass, trying to show them that it really won't work and it's not just me being an idiot.

So, try yelling and/or closing extra windows.

Oh, and I have an HTC Sensation, not a Droid.

Upvote 0
Brand new Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket worked awesome for a week now google images won't work. Tried a different browser, and my girls exact same phone. Same problem. First image page loads then you cannot click on one, or go to the next page. Problem started sometime last night or this morning. Google search works fine, just images is broken. Amazon says they will send me new phones, but I don't necessarily think its the phones. I see others posting with this issue on Verizon so that rules out ATT being the problem. So now what?

Upvote 0
Mine is working again. It's worked fine for two days now. Nothing I did would get it to work. It has just been stopping and starting whenever it wants. We're at the mercy of Google on this one.

As a side note, I checked my iTouch, iPhone, and Acer tablet and all worked ok. For it I've only had problems on my Motorola Atrix.

Upvote 0
As of 7/14/15 I can no longer view images I Google either. I can on Explorer and Chrome but not Google. But that's the point. Google should work. It works on my Tab S and Tab 4. But not my GS4 suddenly. I've cleared partition and I clear cache regularly. However I refused to update to Lollipop when it became available, and I'm wondering if that can have something to do with it. I don't like the Tab S Tab 4 GS5 GS6 OS one bit. That's why I've held off. But if I need to update to use Google then so be it.

Upvote 0
I'm having the same problem with my Motorola Moto G on Boost Mobile. It just started about two days ago. Google & Chrome are useless when trying to select/view images. A web search will return results with viewable thumbnails, but when I try to select one, nothing happens. I've found that this is not a problem if I use a different search engine such as Yahoo!, but I've always been a Google guy and I really want this problem resolved. I've tried changing numerous settings and permissions on my handset but nothing has done any good. Has anyone tried a factory reset?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones