• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Images no longer working

I'm having the same problem with my Motorola Moto G on Boost Mobile. It just started about two days ago. Google & Chrome are useless when trying to select/view images. A web search will return results with viewable thumbnails, but when I try to select one, nothing happens. I've found that this is not a problem if I use a different search engine such as Yahoo!, but I've always been a Google guy and I really want this problem resolved. I've tried changing numerous settings and permissions on my handset but nothing has done any good. Has anyone tried a factory reset?

Upvote 0
being cell illiterate a factory reset isn't something i would try.
i have straighttalk. i had noticed that whenever i googled (using stock browser, i hate chrome) at the bottom of the page was a message about i was getting a modified view as my service was slow. i thought it was odd as i have wifi at home.
i paid my bill when it was due at approximately 6:30 am. i received a text at 12:30 the same day from straighttalk. it basically said i had gone over the data allowed for the month and were "throttling" me. of course that wasn't the term they used.
i thought the "google" issue was related to that.

with so many different phones and carriers? must be a glitch with google.

Upvote 0
All was working fine on the Google App by viewing the image in browser & then tapping on the image to save but this stopped working for me about a week ago.

HOWEVER by opening Google.com in the Chrome app simply tap on the image & it gives you various options (incl Save Image) - see screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-14-21-14-02.png
    Screenshot_2015-08-14-21-14-02.png
    434.7 KB · Views: 238
Upvote 0
I regularly use google images throughout the day, especially at work. All the sudden, I can't get them to work. I can go to google, search for something...tap the images tab up top..then the thumbnails come up..When I tap a thumbnail to enlarge it, and possibly save the picture, I can't do it. It will not enlarge, and the screen will not change pages either. If I try to go to the images page two, nothing happens.

What is going on here? I called Verizon, they don't seem to know.

My X is not rooted and running 2.3.4, system version 4.5.621

Browsing history has been cleared and cache has been cleared..I don't know what else to try.
Pat, I would like to solve the puzzle... (Wheel of Fortune :D)

You cannot save pics from a google now search, even if you go to images and hold your finger on the image it will do nothing. You must (unfortunately) re-search within google chrome to have the finger hold = options ability.

Google needs to fix this, very annoying since I only search with voice these days as they have so successfully taught me to do..

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
Welcome to our AndroidForums, Donov*n (would you like to buy an "a"? ;) :p :D).

I've seen the same behavior that you describe when copying a link from a Google image search (images.google.com), too, although sometimes the text that you copy from the Copy Image Address option is actually the base64 code for the image itself (so it's kind of the image :)).

If you click on an image and it brings-up the dark-background preview area, you can indeed copy the actual address from the Copy Image Address option without having to actually visit the site (at least for most images anyway).

Anyway, thanks for the reply and for joining us here at AF :).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones