Google Keyboard or Stock?General

1. Jaza85

Jaza85 Active Member

Can anyone tell me which they prefer. Been using the Google Keyboard from the Play store but undecided.

Advertisement
    :
  2. geeknewbie

geeknewbie Member

I know it's not exactly an answer to your question, but I'll just save you some time and recommend TouchPal. I've been using it for a week and it's awesome. Autocorrect is unbelievably intuitive. And looks pretty too, animations are gorgeous! 1370627940834.jpg and you can set its size too.
  3. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

I can't say I really like either but I am a big fan of the full SwiftKey. I'm obviously very predictable. After using it for a few weeks I can almost type entire emails just by selecting the prediction every time.
  4. jtc303

jtc303 Well-Known Member

I just use stock Swype, haven't tried the google keyboard but its most likely the same thing except a blue Swype line

|[JTC MaxxHD]|
  5. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

I have always preferred the stock google keyboards. All the way back since the 2.1 keyboard, they have always been my favorite. tried many others (swiftkey, swype etc), but always go back to the vanilla android keyboard, and now that google has the official one in the play store, i like it even more.
  6. Kobeii

Kobeii Active Member

I've been using the Google keyboard app that just released onto the play store and I say I've always liked the stock keyboard. I also love swiftkey because its so easy and fast to use. I dislike the stock Samsung keyboard because it has no feedback and the keys are too cramped for my large fingers Lol.
  7. Lacit1707

Lacit1707 Well-Known Member

swype for me....thats my recommendation...takes a bit getting used to but is worth it
  8. Shocky

Shocky On Probation

I'm liking the Google keyboard, layout isn't as good as swype but it's allot quicker.
  9. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Well-Known Member

I use slide it. Lots of cool skins available
  10. camel_chops

camel_chops Active Member

Google keyboard all the way, I hate the stock keyboard
  11. 2badmice

2badmice Well-Known Member

Used Swiftkey, since my Desire HD and installed it on my S4, not looked at any others.
  12. geeknewbie

geeknewbie Member

Sorry guys, I know it's irrelevant but please help me and tell me how to start a thread on Android Forum app on my galaxy S3... :confused:
    Thanks a lot in advance!
  13. tastycaramel

tastycaramel Guest

I know that this is probably not related, but I prefer SwiftKey Flow over my stock keyboard.
  14. josborne6

josborne6 Well-Known Member

I started with the stock Sammy keyboard. I liked it for the numbers always pulled up. But the typing and swyping was mediocre. Then went with the Swype keyboard. Works really well except I found the voice recognition seemed not as accurate for some reason. I thought they used the same google recognition...? When the google keyboard became available I downloaded it just because I am used to it from my Nexus 7. I go back and forth between the Swype and the Google keyboard. Think the Google types better and the "Swype" swypes better. :)
  15. JSchu22

JSchu22 Well-Known Member Contributor

The Samsung keyboard sucks for one major reason- Lack of autocorrection. It knows you may have misspelled a word but it just let's you go about your typo-ing way, like a really crappy friend. Google's keyboard is a much better friend.
  16. Sylon

Sylon Well-Known Member

I got really used to the stock Android keyboard on the Nexus 4, so when I switched to the GS4, I found the 2 built-in keyboards very irritating. I tried a 3rd party copy of the stock Android keyboard and, while the feel was right, the swipe feature was terrible. Making words that made no sense, lol. When I saw that Google released the stock keyboard to the masses, I downloaded it immediately. I love it, and it gets better when you add those non-words that you may use in texts. It just gets better as you use it.
  17. tastycaramel

tastycaramel Guest

That is the reason why I chose to switch to the SwiftKey keyboard.
  18. gloriousnumber1

gloriousnumber1 Well-Known Member

I got tired of accidentally hitting numbers so I tried swift key. It kept crashing and acting weird so I got rid of it. I also tried perfect keyboard and it messed up also. Later that same day I read on here that Google released their keyboard in the play store. I switched to it and have no regrets. For me it's the best I've used. However it is very subjective.
  19. tastycaramel

tastycaramel Guest

But to me, Google Keyboard is a bit plain. No way to put themes :(
  20. speedlever

speedlever Well-Known Member

Oh goody! Another KB to add to my mix. ;)

I'm liking TouchPal and SwiftKey (with the 200ms long press adjustment). Google KB autocorrect is very nice. Maybe the best I've found yet. But the KB itself is pretty plain. I would like the numbers on the qwerty kb to stand out more and would like the ability to adjust the long press ala SwiftKey.

Well, I now have 10 KBs on my selection list. I bounce back and forth between TouchPal, SwiftKey, Samsung, and Google. I like modded SwiftKey but the autocorrect doesn't suit me as well as I'd like. Yet.
  21. Coolhands

Coolhands Active Member

I think Swiftkey is my favorite at the point, a very close second would be the Google Keyboard. I bounce back and forth between the two. Haven't found anything else that performs quite as well, if anything it's the Swype app.
  22. tastycaramel

tastycaramel Guest

Swiftkey has a flow thing that works the same way as Swype.
  23. Coolhands

Coolhands Active Member

Yeah I know, I just do not like Flow as much as the Swype app.
  24. Shocky

Shocky On Probation

The Google keyboard is much faster than Swype, what I want is Google keyboard with swype layout.

I hate going through the options to find what I need, on swype all the keys with long press serve as something else which is much more convenient.
  25. Sylon

Sylon Well-Known Member

The only thing that bugs me now after seeing the video for SwiftKey is that you can't incorporate the spacebar with your swiping on the Google Keyboard. You have to pause after each word. I still haven't tried SwiftKey (yet), but I like that you can swipe full sentences instead of 1 word at a time.