1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Google latitude : not updating

Last Updated:

1. jondcl

jondcl New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all,

I am having problems with latitude on my htc desire and wifes nexus ond.

It used to work fine but about 3 months ago it had just stopped updating on either of our phones. I have a friend on my friends list and his latitude position updates on my phoned fine (although her has disappeared also in the last few days also).

The only way I can get too see my wifes location oon my phone is for her to open google maps on her phone to update her position. The same is true for her to see my location on her phone.

No settings have been changed so I don't know what had happened, does anyone know how to fix this bug?

I used to love the app but now I just find it very annoying!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. jdsingle

jdsingle Well-Known Member

I'm having the same issue with two Motorola Droids. Not sure if the recent update made things hay wire.

3. Jacktheringster

Jacktheringster Member

possible they're turning it off on there own... maybe people need some privacy once in a while.... just a thought.

4. jdsingle

jdsingle Well-Known Member

He is using his and his wife's phones as examples of latitude not working. I don't think he is intentionally turning one off so the other can't see it for privacy matters.

5. udik

udik Banned

There is a new app in Android Market called Latitude Update it lets you select how frequent you want to update your location in Google Latitude - even when Google's own app is down or fails to update. You can also get your latest location history, see it on Google Map and more .. ;)