• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Latitude on Droid Eris

vipercwf

Dec 29, 2009
Does it work on the eris? I have the moto droid and my girl has the eris. I was trying to get latitude to work on her eris, but when you click menu when in google maps and you hit latitude, nothing happens. All the other icons works, e.g. when I tap my location it takes me to the current location on google maps. I even tried downloading google maps again and setting up latitude and requesting her to join latitude but it says 'i already have latitude - launch it' which again, doesn't work.

I got my Eris a couple days ago and was trying to set up Latitude today while at work. At first I had the same problem. When I tapped the Latitude icon (after "Joining Latitude"), nothing happened. Then I got home and went onto iGoogle or whatever it is and set up latitude there, and then it magically worked on my phone. Now it seems to be working without any problems.

Upvote 0
Can anyone tell me how they set it up to work on the eris? It still isn't working. I even sent a request from my phone to my girls email(she's the one with eris) and in the email it has a link to join but when it goes there it just says I already have latitude _ launch now. But this just opens google maps and the latitude button still doesn't do anything when touched. I've aready checked all her location settings etc and they're where they need to be

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones