Google Latitude on Droid ErisGeneral

Last Updated:

1. vipercwf

vipercwf Active Member This Topic's Starter

Does it work on the eris? I have the moto droid and my girl has the eris. I was trying to get latitude to work on her eris, but when you click menu when in google maps and you hit latitude, nothing happens. All the other icons works, e.g. when I tap my location it takes me to the current location on google maps. I even tried downloading google maps again and setting up latitude and requesting her to join latitude but it says 'i already have latitude - launch it' which again, doesn't work.

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Latitude is suppose to work on all android handsets however I think their was some sort of bug in 1.5 that made this sort of problem in latitude?

3. vipercwf

I see. So no one on 1.5 can use latitude? Or is there a way to fix it, or anyone know if they're working on it?

4. mmerdock

mmerdock New Member

Google Latitude works great on my Eris and I've not done anything clever to make it work. I can track several of my friends and they can track me!

5. vipercwf

Do you just open up google maps and then hit menu>latitude? When I click on latitude nothing happens and it doesn't take me anywhere

6. BCEagle

BCEagle Active Member

I got my Eris a couple days ago and was trying to set up Latitude today while at work. At first I had the same problem. When I tapped the Latitude icon (after "Joining Latitude"), nothing happened. Then I got home and went onto iGoogle or whatever it is and set up latitude there, and then it magically worked on my phone. Now it seems to be working without any problems.

7. mmerdock

mmerdock New Member

Yep, I just hit that button after menu and I can see the people I'm tracking. They have a variety of phones, Eris, G1 and Blackberry.

8. vipercwf

Can anyone tell me how they set it up to work on the eris? It still isn't working. I even sent a request from my phone to my girls email(she's the one with eris) and in the email it has a link to join but when it goes there it just says I already have latitude _ launch now. But this just opens google maps and the latitude button still doesn't do anything when touched. I've aready checked all her location settings etc and they're where they need to be

9. antnyp85

antnyp85 Well-Known Member

Weird... I have a Droid Eris and Lattitude works fine... I just go to Google Maps, and hit the Lattitude button...

10. TheShaz

TheShaz Member

I have the Moto Droid and the wife has the Eris. I got laditude working on both. What determins the location update? Do you have to launch google maps?

11. jamestown

jamestown Member

i think she has to go to google and join latitude then sync to all your google accounts again to sync them all go to settings-data sync-google make sure all the sync settings are checked then send her another request only thing i can think of.