1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Google Latitude

Last Updated:

1. pajaha

pajaha New Member This Topic's Starter

Am I missing something? Is Google Latitude available in the UK or not, because it doesn't seem to be working for me? I have received the RC9 update for G1 and have Google Maps 3.0.

Is there an a Google Latitude application that I should have or do I access everything through Google Maps? When I go the www.google.com/latitude on my G1, it offers me the option of "launching" Latitude but it just takes me to Google Maps. From there, I cannot see the locations of my Google "friends" (who have agreed to show location), neither does my own location show up on the Latitude homepage on the web (I have settings turned to "detect my location automatically").

Advertisement
  2. slave1

slave1 Well-Known Member

Latitude is not currently supported by TMUK.

I wonder if anyone can come up with an apk for it instead?

3. ichatfilipina

ichatfilipina New Member

yap is currently not supported your the google UK

4. SK.

SK. Well-Known Member

T Mobile UK are idiots, sorry but they are. At least they could say why instead of treating us like idiots and just removing functionality that THEIR CUSTOMERS WANT

5. Sharpy360

Sharpy360 Member

I am having the same problem, whats the flipping point of having the RC9 update that is "suppose" to fix google latitude when it doesn't do absolute $#IT

6. SK.

SK. Well-Known Member

From my point above it may just be that I owe T Mobile and Apology and it is in fact Google playing tricks.

There is a latitude plugin for iGoogle. Now I f I sign into my account on iGoogle with the .co.uk extension then it tells me Latitude is not available for my region. Change the url to .com and voila it pops up with all my latitude people and shows me there location. google are also not blocking you downloading Latitude to any other handset in the UK so something totally screwy is going on as I can use it on my N82 and Ipaq514.

7. Mr Bloppy

Mr Bloppy Well-Known Member

i am in uk and had an option to join latitude, but that has now gone :(. i have rc 9. have tried factory reset. it all stopped after i tried linking it to my phone:(. shouldnt have tried it!

8. SK.

SK. Well-Known Member

It probably wont help or get any response but Google are on Twitter. @google I have sent them messages and will continue to do so

9. walkerx

walkerx Active Member

if you go to the google latitude page you will find that the G1 is currently not supported, which in my books is plain stupid, seeing Google collaborated in getting the G1 and Android to market.

Surely you would think that they would get it working on their phone first, before getting it to work on other manufacturer's phone and OS

10. SK.

SK. Well-Known Member

But it is supported on the G1 if you go to the .com page just not in the UK. Everyone else around the world has access to it and can use if they want. UK users have the same version of Maps but it's been disabled.

11. RozzaC

RozzaC Well-Known Member

Maybe thats how they expect the UK users to use Latitude... =/

12. walkerx

walkerx Active Member

actually if check some of the countries listed, the google latitude is not available for g1 users, it's not just the uk that is restricted

13. Dingo_HR

Dingo_HR Member

Same working for me in Croatia.
    With addition I have to change to English from Croatian language preferences in all my registered google apps (gmail....etc)

14. UCIStudy

UCIStudy New Member

We are researchers studying people