• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root google latitude

Anyone use google latitude? I have been messing with it and since 2.1 it will not update friends location. Anyone else have that issue.

It'll update their location if their GPS is turned on. Latitude has never done updates in intervals which turns me off about them, but if someone has their GPS on and you're on latitude, you can see them....

Upvote 0
Is this an app on the market or it this just used through the browser? I searched the market and couldn't find it (searching latitude, google, and google latitude...no dice :eek:).

It comes with either Google Earth or Maps (I have both). It won't show up as an app, but you can add the widget if you have one of those. Not sure which it came with, as I have both.

Reactions: UBRocked
Upvote 0
It comes with either Google Earth or Maps (I have both). It won't show up as an app, but you can add the widget if you have one of those. Not sure which it came with, as I have both.

Thanks! I have had my home screens set up a certain way for so long that I don't look for new widgets often...it's there in my widget list and I put it on my phone just to check out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones