Google limits playing audio on the handset speaker?

Last Updated:

1. bthoward

bthoward Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was complaining that the only way to listen to a message no matter how you set it was via the speakerphone speaker. Well looky here... Guess google isn't as open as we'd thought.

YouMail - Help Center

Advertisement
  2. zcast

zcast Member

I don't know. I use Google Voice for my VVM service and I can listen through either. Of course they are Google and that might prove your point more.

Haven't tried YouMail but I am pretty happy with Google Voice so far.

If I get any invites, I'll shoot you over one if you want to try it out.

-Z

3. bthoward

I've got google voice (and invites) but the service does a pretty crappy job of recording the files. The volume was really really low and I could barely hear what was being said. Plus I can't set the length of time before it picks up and so my work phone picks up to grab a voice mail before Google Voice does. So now I just set it so that when I'm not here at the office it doesn't forward to my desk phone. Still yet its annoying.

4. zcast

zcast Member

Weird that's not the first time I have heard about the volume issues with GV. I haven't had those issues, but I will keep an ear out.

-Z

5. bthoward

Nevermind I'm a dipsh1t. I just tested it one more time... I was using my wife's phone when I was testing last night... I'd not used google voice before cause the Blackberry client was worthless... The Android client sucks much less...

Anyway as for the test my wife must have had her headset turned on. I wasn't listening to the hand set just waiting for a while and then saying test test test. It was quiet cause the mic was in the other room...

Just did a test again and all is golden. Guess I'll drop youmail.

6. vb4life

vb4life Member

If anyone has a spare invite to GV, I would gladly give it a shot.

7. phantom27

phantom27 Active Member

PM sent

8. Tymanthius

Tymanthius Well-Known Member

Another GV invite beggar.

Thanks anyone. :)

9. e39e60

e39e60 Well-Known Member

GV is amazing on the Droid. Forget the app, the coolest part is setting it so your caller ID is your GV number AUTOMATICALLY on all calls. That means if peeps are tempted to hit call back when calling you or send you a txt from call log, it goes to GV so you can check on the web. Set replies to go to push e-mail (Exchange which I pay $10 a month at GoDaddy) then replies show up immediately via e-mail alert. This allowed me to drop messaging altogether from my plan.

And if you get a pesky bill collector (I mean sales call) just hit the record button and they'll behave much better.

Oh, did I mention VM being transcribed? Yum Yum.

There's a couple other tips but I won't give them until you can grab this pebble out of my palm. . .

10. e39e60

e39e60 Well-Known Member

You need to turn on call presentation from GV website. This means you press 1 to answer when a call comes in. That way it won't land in a VM box besides GV. Same idea with RingCentral.