• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google+ Location Sharing

zleoyodo

Lurker
Dec 17, 2016
My partner and I are trying to share our location with each other. I'm not sure if we're doing something wrong tho. Here are the details...

G+ has 3 profiles for him, 2 with his first & last name, the other with another name, which appeared in his contact info on my phone without me putting them there...
Q Does the one with another name mean that G+ profile was created using his phone number?
Q Therefore, Google merged all 3 into his contact info on my phone?

Continuing, I followed all 3, and added them to my location sharing in my G+ app. He did the same to mine and I received a notification stating he is now following me back (I assumed via one of those 3 profiles because it stated following "back"), but neither one of us sees each other's location.
Q What could be the problem?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones