• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google map query

mark1252003

Dec 2, 2009
Hi all, Ive just set up a google account for the GF with the @googlemail.com thing is ive added her to my friends list so we can see each other etc but when i turn on my GPS and finds my position, my position is different to the one on her laptop screen,according to hers iam about 1 mile away but my phone is showing me to be spot on! Will her laptop not having GPS having anything to do with it?:mad::mad:

Cheers for the reply, I thought me having gps and showing my actual position on my phone would show on the laptop ? Even tho she doesnt have gps I would only be able to find her nearest mast? The gps is only a receiver isn't it so id have thought that even tho she doesnt have one she would see my current location and that sent through gprs ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones