1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Google Map using Battery Life, even though it has not been used. (Since 4.1.0 update)

Last Updated:

1. VandalDuck

VandalDuck Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Since the last update to 4.1.0, I have noticed that Google Maps is using battery life, even though I have not used the Maps application.

Background, I am stock Motorola Droid on 2.0.1, not rooted. I updated to version 4.1.0 of the Maps app when it came out in the marketplace. Now, when I am completed with a charge, if I look at Settings/About Phone/Battery Use, the maps app appears in the list of things using battery life. In fact, 9 seconds after unplugging, it had used 9% battery power. At this point, I am 9m 23s since unplugged and the maps app has used 13% of battery life, but when I select the app, the use details say 0seconds.

Does anyone else notice this?

Thanks!

VandalDuck

Advertisement
  2. smanzor88

smanzor88 New Member

yea i noticed it also. for now i just uninstalled the updates. its a wasting my battery

3. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Not here. I haven't used it recently and it's not even listed on the Battery Use screen.

4. Jmtegra

Jmtegra Well-Known Member

+1
    Im on a Eris 2.1

5. Eris Lover

Eris Lover Well-Known Member

The first day I updated maps I used it for about 10 minutes, exited out of it as I normally do and then went to bed an hour later with plenty of battery left and awoke to find my phone off due to dead battery. Haven't had a problem since? Now you may say how do I know it was maps that killed it since I could not check, and you would be right. But it was the only thing I changed about my phone that day, certain it was maps. Either way no problems since?