1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Google Maps 5.0 Compatibilty

Last Updated:

1. Yathushan

Yathushan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was just looking at the new announcement of Google maps maps 5 being announced last night. I was just wondering if anyone know whether the HTC desire will be supported. This is because the Nexus One was said not to support it initially as it has multi-touch issue. However, I thought with the HTC Desire there was no multi-touch issues. I may be wrong.

Ideas anyone?

Advertisement
  2. SlowRain

SlowRain Well-Known Member

3. Yathushan

Well that doesn't really answer my question because I was wondering whether htc had altered the software for the desire. Because I know there are a few software differences between the nexus one and the htc desire. Is multi-touch one of them?

4. reinbeau

reinbeau Klaatu barada nikto VIP Member

Does 'Galaxy S' indicate it will be compatible with the Captivate?

5. Yathushan

Yes it should be compatible with Galaxy S devices and varients of it. Because in the video that they released of the Nexus S. They stated that they based the Nexus S off the Galaxy S model altering it to their own needs. Therefore it should be easier to revert it back to the Galaxy S.

6. Goodeye

Goodeye Active Member

Not only that, isn't the apps application pretty much separate from the regular android OS? Meaning it can be updated on the fly and by Google?

If this is the case then all capable devices would have a simultaneous release of this maps application.

7. rubbersoul

rubbersoul Active Member

the database of maps is separate, but you'll still need to update the app so your input interface is adjusted to the new method.

8. DenverRalphy

DenverRalphy Well-Known Member

That list only reflects which devices Google confirmed will be able to get "All" the new features. From what I've read from Google, all devices will get the new google maps, but some features may or may not be available depending on hardware limitations.

SlowRain likes this.