Google Maps Alternate Routes?Support

1. a5pe4

a5pe4 Well-Known Member

Is there anyway to get google maps to show alternate routes? Many times the roads I've taken with navigation has taken longer than other routes and I'm wondering if there is an option to show different routes. I know there are options to avoid highways or toll roads but I'd like to be able to see my options. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. lizm

lizm Well-Known Member

Yes. Menu, route info, alternate routes. I use that all the time, I always second guess Google :)
    AndyOpie150 and a5pe4 like this.
  3. Thorsten

Thorsten Well-Known Member

I can
  4. a5pe4

a5pe4 Well-Known Member

rcsrich, Thorsten and AndyOpie150 like this.
  5. Thorsten

Thorsten Well-Known Member

Ah! That was the missing piece of information. Wonderful, thanks! :):):)
  6. lizm

lizm Well-Known Member

Yep sorry. Once Nav has me set up to go wherever, I press menu (button on my V), then route info (on screen) then alternate routes (on screen).

One nice thing, if you have data as you travel, is it will do alt routes from wherever you are, which may be different from the ones available when you started out.
  7. starsailor2

starsailor2 New Member

That's what I want to do. Additionally, I'd like to be able to choose from multiple routes based on traffic before starting my commute too.
  8. gokuu

gokuu New Member

One more way you can achieve this is that you save the desired alternate route in maps.google.com (preferably from your PC). Later you can access the same route from the android device you are using (Google Maps -> Layers -> My Maps).

Sometimes Google shows the longer route. So doing a bit of your own research helps as i faced this alternate routes problem many many many times. Many times it showed me a shorter route when i changed the starting point to a nearby traffic signal, which is 200-300 meters away, rather than starting from my home.