Google Maps always on?Support

Last Updated:

1. CrackaG

CrackaG Member This Topic's Starter

My google maps constantly runs in the background (at least thats what the system and app manager tell me)

Am I the only one with this issue? It seems that no matter how many times I kill google maps with my process/app killer it pops back up and on seconds later?

Is there a way to permanently keep it from coming online until I want to actually use it?

Every time i look at my battery use google maps is at like 80% but I dont even use it! I feel like this is heavily affecting my battery life

Advertisement
  2. callmeox

callmeox Well-Known Member

Are you signed in to Latitude and sharing your location? That may be the culprit.

3. CrackaG

CrackaG Member This Topic's Starter

That could be it, I turned it off to see.

It still shows it up in my Process Manager App everytime I refresh even after I kill it....damn....what gives

4. BB2DROID

BB2DROID Well-Known Member

Same happened to me i just powered off and back on, works fine now. Mine was so bad the phone was almost on fire when i charged it. That was yesterday all good so far.

5. azak

azak Well-Known Member

I've been having the same issue as the OP. I do not have Latitude installed, and my GPS is turned off. I use a task killer program, but this still keeps returning. Normally I wouldn't care, but this is responsible for about 20% of my battery's depletion.

6. azak

azak Well-Known Member

Has anyone been able to solve this?

7. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

Bump, started having this problem last week and it's destroying my battery life.

8. ash999

ash999 New Member

BUMP Bump

Just got the LG Optimus V (Virgin Mobile) and Maps will not stop no matter what I do. My Girlfriend has the same problem with the Droid Incredible on Verizon.

Maybe I should just root my phone and delete it, however I do like the navigation, not sure if maps is needed for that.

9. rfox54

rfox54 Active Member

and DO NOT UPDATE. Titanium Backup saved me.