1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Google maps and nav?

Last Updated:

1. Stealthman

Stealthman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to save addresses in google maps like favorites for navigation? I have a lot of places I go back to and would like to have them saved in but I can't figure out how to save the address. I have a Droid X if that matters.

Advertisement
  2. FletchF

FletchF Member

I save them as contacts.

3. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Long press on a blank space on your screen > shortcuts > directions & navigation
    This will open a navigator screen where you can either enter an address or select a contact as Fletch suggested. If you manually enter an address you must give it a name before you can save it. Either way once you get done you'll not only have the address saved, you'll also have a nav link on your home screen - where one press will start you navigating to that address.

Note that manually entered addresses are only saved on your home screen, if you put the nav link in the trash you'll need to reenter the address the next time you want to go there.

If you've linked to a contact, the contact and info in People is safe in the event you delete the nav link from your home screen.