Google Maps and Traffic OverlaySupport

Last Updated:

1. jayes

jayes Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm not sure if this is unique to my phone and I've got a setting wrong, but when I turn on the Traffic overlay, it sits ON TOP of the route names. I can't read the names of the roads. If there's only one major road in the area, I know what it is. But in an area like So. California where there are many freeways in close proximity, it's hard to tell which is which, especially as you zoom in. I have to turn off the overlay, read the route, and then put the traffic layer back on. It's a bit annoying. Does anyone else have this same issue? Perhaps I have missed a setting that places the layer under the route numbers.

Advertisement
  2. whatawuss

whatawuss Member

no, it's not just you. i see the same thing, and, yeah, it's annoying.

i checked the web version of google maps on my laptop just now, and in the regular version, this problem doesn't exist (ie the freeway numbers are shown above the traffic color).

so hopefully, they fix this. meanwhile, a small way to make it a bit better (at least for me), is to turn on the layer button option (menu->more->labs->layer button). makes it a bit easier to turn layers on and off.

3. jayes

jayes Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for that suggestion. Yes.. turning on the layer button does help somewhat. I have never dug that deep in the menu and did not know about that feature. Hopefully, it's one of the items to be fixed in the next update.