Google Maps, Download Full Continental USA?

Last Updated:

1. iwestfall7062

iwestfall7062 New Member

I was wondering if anyone has figured out how to download a full map of the entire continental usa for google maps? I know about the offline feature where you can download a select area, but I'd really like to have the entire continental usa.

Advertisement
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

welcome to the forums!!!!!!

is this for your phone? would that not take up a whole lot of data? not sure why you would want that.
  3. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

With Google Maps it's not possible, only six of this mentioned areas, each with max. 80MB data.
    And while offline Maps can't calculate new routes and hasn't its search and MyPlaces option available.

But there are other apps with offline maps that have what you want :)
    Do you need offline maps just with search and routing ability or want you also car turn-by-turn navigation?

Harry
    Crashdamage and ocnbrze like this.
  4. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

Not possible. Use another app. I use NavFree.
  5. iwestfall7062

iwestfall7062 New Member

bummer, I have a Galaxy Nexus with like 16gb and the entire continental us only takes up like 2gb so I don't mind. I just don't feel like my gps using my data connection. I really only want to use Google Maps since it has proven to me to be a very solid gps. I suppose I'll look at this NavFree that you're talking about though.
  6. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

The reason that Google Maps is so well done is that it has a constant internet connection. Pathfinding and everything is done on their servers, so there has to be a compromise.