Google maps draining the batteryGeneral

1. bmw_328ci

bmw_328ci Member

Since the most-recent update to Google Maps, it constantly drains my battery, even if I'm not using anything that should cause Maps to run. Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Well-Known Member

Are you backing out of the app, or just hitting the home button?
  3. bmw_328ci

bmw_328ci Member

The other thing consuming the battery is the Internet browser,everytime I close it it shows it is still running.
  4. bmw_328ci

bmw_328ci Member

I am backing out and I am using a task manager now to close it.
  5. MikeC01

MikeC01 Active Member

I think that's from Google Now accessing the maps app. Try turning off Google Now.
  6. Ibrick

Ibrick Well-Known Member

In settings go to location and uncheck Verizon location.

Also in maps, go to settings and location and make sure everything is unchecked so it's not constantly updating your location for Latitude.
  7. red arrow

red arrow Well-Known Member

I've also seen this. The funny thing about it is I haven't used google maps in about a month.
  8. atakin77

atakin77 Well-Known Member

Open the Maps open, the go to Settings --> Location Settings.

Uncheck all location reporting, history, and latitude location sharing services. Unchecking these eliminated the problem on my end.
  9. bluereef

bluereef New Member

I can attest to that, yesterday by noontime I was at 45%. Uninstalled update, at 82% at noontime today.
  10. kumkwat

kumkwat Member

Ever use JuiceDefender? I had some battery issues initially with the DNA and then a friend recommended that and it's done wonders along with the task manager. Might be worth checking out.