Google Maps FRG22D Fix?

Last Updated:

1. Danielson2047

Danielson2047 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else rooted on stock FRG22D and can't upgrade to v4.4 of GM? You can see it in the market, but can't install it. It just says "installation unsuccessful". I know i've seen a couple other people with the problem on another forum. Any solutions/ideas?

Advertisement
  2. William T Riker

William T Riker Well-Known Member

Use Titanium to uninstall your old version of maps, reboot, then try downloading it from the market again. This will also work for voice search and google search if they dont update

3. smacky

smacky Banned

I'm having the same issues. I'll try the above and see what happens.

4. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

First, I stayed at the version before 4.4 because, reading the comments in the market, it has issues.

that being said, did you see this pot #36?

I can not get google maos to update. Anyone find a fix? I removed it from the system/app folder but it will not upate. Always fais on install.

I also tried...

su
    mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 dev/block/mtdblock4 system
    busybox rm system/app/Maps.apk
    cd system/bin
    sh pm uninstall com.google.android.apps.maps
    cd ..
    cd ..
    mount -o ro,remount -t yaffs2 dev/block/mtdblock4 system
    sync

I got it working. You need to have the original Maps.apk in the system/app folder and run google maps once and then follow the commands above. After a restart it worked.

or post #126

ok i had this issue too. i wiped phone again and then i signed in, let phone do its thing, reboot, go to settings,applications, all, market and clear data.

then go back to market and download maps.
    should work

5. William T Riker

The method I posted should take care of it, I've also read you can go into /system/app and manually delete the old version instead of using Titanium and then reboot and it should download but I have not done it that way so can't verify but I used the Titanium method after it was suggested in another thread and it worked.

I also used that method to go back to 4.3.0 because 4.4.0 always runs even if you force close it, it will autostart and eat memory and battery and I didn't like that, I very rarely use the Maps app.

6. smacky

smacky Banned

Removing using Ti Backup did not help with the "unsuccessful installation" problem. Oh well. I don't use Maps, I just get OCD about these kind of things.

7. William T Riker

Did you make sure to reboot (power off then back on) the phone after you uninstalled before trying to re-download? Because it will still fail if you don't

8. nate5o

nate5o New Member

I tried the titanium delete method for voice search and maps. It worked like a charm for voice search and failed miserably for maps. For voice search just delete using titanium, reboot, then install voice search from market.

9. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Someone had a similar issue with another app (Facebook?)

First, make sure you uninstall all updates to the app from he System --> Applications --> Manage Apps menu (if any exist - perhaps the FRG01B install updated it to 4.3, so this may not apply)

Next manually remove the main app.

Now try installing 4.4 from the Market.

I'm just taking a shot in the dark here, so if it is not applicable / doesn't work, sorry!

10. GTSchubert

GTSchubert Member