• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Maps: Gotta Love It!

hereortogo

Lurker
Jun 7, 2010
The Navigate App that installs on Android is amazing for a FREE app. I have used it for over two weeks now, even in very rural areas, and have found it to be accurate and responsive whenever I deviate off course.
Using an HTC Legend, I have the choice of entering my destination by onscreen keyboard or by voice. The app automatically determines my location, then begins giving voice commands. The map screen gives all the information we've come to expect from GPS's: distance to next turn and direction; total distance and time remaining, etc.
OK, it's not a Garmen or Tom Tom, but the price is right and it works! The british females voice gets annoying after a while and some of the pronunciations are unrecognizable. It would be nice to have the ability to change the voice.
In the short time I've had this phone, Google Maps Navigate is the app I've used more than any other.
GET IT! You'll love it.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones