• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Maps is Extremely Slow, Causes Lag Everywhere in Device

Hi all,

I'm on a Galaxy Alpha, Android 5.0.2. When I open Maps to try to navigate somewhere, it pretty much paralyzes my phone. There's a lag with each tap of the screen, to the point that I'll even press the home or power buttons and nothing will happen for about ten seconds. It's as though my phone seizes up in panic when I confront it with having to open Maps. It's gotten so bad that it, if I have to figure out where I'm going, I have to just sit for five minutes and wait to reach the actual navigation screen. I've cleared the data and cache and it hasn't helped. What is this?

Best,
Nick

Reactions: A bochur
Hi,
Remove sim card and insert sim card.

Go to settings >storage>cached data>clear cached data .

Go to settings> Date & Time> select automatic time and date.

Go to settings>storage>apps/ appication manager> all> menu> reset app preferences> reset apps.

Go to settings>storage>apps/ appication manager> all>Google play services> manage space >clear data.
Thanks
Go to settings>storage>apps/ appication manager> all>Google maps> force stop> clear data> uninstall updates and reinstall updates from Google play store

Open Google maps menu settings
Sign out and sign in to Google maps.
Restart device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones