1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Google Maps issue since JB update - VZWSupport

1. Perch_44

Perch_44 Active Member

ever since my S3 received the JB update last month, my phone is crap when it comes to GPS and navigation. And it worked very well before that.

I have done a factory reset, and this did not resolve the issue.

now when I turn on the GPS, and attempt to use google maps navigation, it constantly loses signal and also always shows me on different road, etc.

plus the screen flickers or flashes as the screen moves during turn by turn, which it never did before.

it has basically made it totally unusable for navigation.

Has anyone else experienced this? I've done some looking around and can't find anything concrete on it.

If I can't get this fixed, its either going back to verizon for them to fix, or i'm going to root it and load cm10(if thats available for my phone).

Advertisement
    :
  2. neil154

neil154 Well-Known Member

As you have suggested you would be well off to take it back to Verizon. If the problem is as bad as you describe Verizon will certainly replace it.

I have found Verizon very reasonable when I had I Thunderbolt with some issues and then when I had a Bionic and problems with upgrade to ICS,
  3. Perch_44

Perch_44 Active Member

I just hope I can find a fix as nothing else is wrong with this phone, and I love it. Would rather not end up with a refurbished one
  4. yorklab

yorklab Active Member

I have had similar issues; it comes and goes. Sometimes Google Maps will have a pop up that tells me it must close. And sometimes maps will flicker, other times it's OK.That may be because it can't find a signal. I do know it cannot locate a sattelite as well as other phones (Motorola or BlackBerry), so that may be part of the problem, but it has gotten worse since updating to JB.