• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Maps: Lacking, but great FREE app

F

fuzzy_wuzzy

Most, if not all, google android phones come with this application already installed. I have the Tmobile G1, the first google phone, and Google Maps has been a huge help in getting me where I need to go. However it may pose as a hindrance to the unsuspecting and uneducated user. <br><br>

In areas I am familiar with, I've used Google Maps for directions and it has directed me the absolute longest way to get to my destination. On the other side, i got to my destination! Job completed? Yes. Job done effeciently? No! I believe it could happen to many GPS units and map devices, but there are some street directions in Google Maps that are incorrect. I'm not even going to mention the fact that some streets that have been long paved are not listed on the map! I was completely turned around when it directed me to go down a street that wasn't there. <br><br>

I've looked at many different apps for maps, I would definitely place Google Maps in the top 5 percentage. It definitely gets my recomendation! It just has some dreadful flaws that to the untrained eye can land you in someone's driveway or going down a one way, THE WRONG WAY!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones