• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Maps location

Thanks, that did the trick. The GPS satellites were turned off now it is right on the money.

You should be able to just leave GPS turned on. As long as you don't have anything running in the background trying to get your location then it shouldn't be wasting battery. If the icon isn't showing then it isn't be used.

Upvote 0
Wait, how are you back at 767 posts?

And also check your Location settings in Settings > Location >

I have all three boxes checked. 3 miles off is a lot! It uses network location first, then after a few seconds it usually picks up GPS. I'm a happy camper when it sees my GPS location first. I use Latitude, so the woman knows where I am.

Upvote 0
Wait, how are you back at 767 posts?

Actually, I hadn't noticed that. No idea really. I just double checked and it doesn't look like any of my posts were deleted. My little tag says Senior Member again too. Odd. I don't really care to begin with though, post counts are used by too many people as a measurement of knowledge and/or superiority. I think mine reflects how much I like to run my mouth. :D

EDIT: I think I found something here
http://androidforums.com/site-updates-announcements/44429-site-changes-underway.html#post342152

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones