Google Maps locationGeneral

Last Updated:

1. rieltime

rieltime Member This Topic's Starter

My Location on Google Maps is about 3 miles off my actual location. Is this normal? I don't know how some of you use it for directions when your actual location is this far off.

Thanks............Tom

Advertisement
  2. Ty07allstar

Ty07allstar Well-Known Member

If you turn on all of the GPS settings in the Location setting then it should be fairly accurate, mines within like 3 yards.

3. rieltime

rieltime Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, that did the trick. The GPS satellites were turned off now it is right on the money.

4. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

You should be able to just leave GPS turned on. As long as you don't have anything running in the background trying to get your location then it shouldn't be wasting battery. If the icon isn't showing then it isn't be used.

5. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

Wait, how are you back at 767 posts?

And also check your Location settings in Settings > Location >

I have all three boxes checked. 3 miles off is a lot! It uses network location first, then after a few seconds it usually picks up GPS. I'm a happy camper when it sees my GPS location first. I use Latitude, so the woman knows where I am.

6. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Actually, I hadn't noticed that. No idea really. I just double checked and it doesn't look like any of my posts were deleted. My little tag says Senior Member again too. Odd. I don't really care to begin with though, post counts are used by too many people as a measurement of knowledge and/or superiority. I think mine reflects how much I like to run my mouth. :D

EDIT: I think I found something here
    http://androidforums.com/site-updates-announcements/44429-site-changes-underway.html#post342152