google maps "my location" problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. opticalc

opticalc Member This Topic's Starter

I have a Rogers Magic on the AT&T network here in the US. Its a 1.5 system.

On my old phone, the BJ-II running WM6, in google maps I could get my not-so-accurate-location from the cell tower. It wasnt aGPS, it was just a rough guesstimate of where I was at.

With this magic, is this functionality just not possible? It seems the only way to get a rough estimate of location is to use wifi of gps.

The igoogle web page is able to get my location though, it knows what city Im in, and its not using wifi/gps to do this, so I dont see why google maps isnt doing the same thing.

Also, I'd like to upgrade to 1.6 but I dont know in my phone is CRC1 or CRC24 or 32a or 32b.

my baseband ver is 62.52S.20.18U_3.22.20.17
    my kernel ver is 2.6.27-dd63d1eb u70000@Android-X01
    my build num is 2.16.631.6 146733 CL#33776 release-keys

How can I find out my CRC number and the 32 #?

Also, how do i manuall close apps? the "stop app" in "manage applications" isnt working for any of my apps

Advertisement
  2. slarti

slarti Well-Known Member

In the settings you can enable various setting to allow location detection, GPS, Wifi, etc.

There's a boot screen you can get to pressing a key combination on whilst powering up the phone that will give you all the hardware info you need. I can't remember the combination but you should be able to find it with google.

To close apps I recommend using downing taskiller from the marketplace.

3. Knutfreddy

Knutfreddy Active Member

to find your motherboard version (32a/b) turn of your phone and turn it on again holding down the power and volume down button.