Google Maps/Nav audio gone over BTSupport

Last Updated:

1. Kalnel

Kalnel Member This Topic's Starter

In the last week, I've somehow lost the ability to hear Google Nav turn-by-turn directions over my Bluetooth adapter in the car. (Just last weekend, it worked fine.)

Any ideas of how I can get it working again? I've checked all the logical things, like the mute/unmute button and the navigation volume.

Verizon Navigator audio is working fine, but I'd like to dump it, if I can get Google running properly.

Advertisement
  2. dopepope

dopepope Well-Known Member

try deleting the paring (settings>wireless and networks>bluetooth settings> bluetooth devices), long press the connection you're using, then unpair it). then simply pair the device again and let us know if that changes anything.

3. Kalnel

Thanks, dopepope. I will give that a try next time I'm in the car and report back.

4. GoBruins

GoBruins Well-Known Member

I had my phone on vibrate and was like WTF why doesn't it work?! But then I turned off vibrate and it was good! In your case though... that's odd...

5. Kalnel

I tried deleting and re-establishing the partnership today. I still can't hear the Google Nav audio through the BT speaker, but when I set the BT to send the signal to my car stereo, I could hear the directions very faintly, when I turned the car radio volume way up.

I checked a few other programs to see if this was a system-wide problem, and the only other one that wouldn't play at a normal volume was the native Music Player app. Other programs, like the phone, Verizon Navigator, and Slingplayer, all had normal volume and played through the BT speaker correctly.

So, any tips on next steps? I'm really baffled, because just last week, Google Nav played through the BT speaker just fine.

6. dopepope

dopepope Well-Known Member

the audio player should be a different audio setting than say, the ringer (i think its 'media'?) anyways make sure the volume is turned up in that specific application.
    if your car deck is playing audio very quietly, sounds like the signal being sent is just a low signal

7. Kalnel

No, the audio is turned all the way up in the program. (When I hit the volume up buttons, Navigation volume comes up, and it's turned all the way up.)

There's something wrong with the way Google Nav and the Music Player are interacting with the Bluetooth.

I used to have a similar issue (with a different BT device) when I had my Windows Mobile phone. In that case, Verizon's Navigator and their Visual Voice Mail app wouldn't play through the speakers.