Google Maps Navigation BetaSupport

Last Updated:

1. eugenekim618

eugenekim618 Well-Known Member

Anyone use this app yet?

My phone heats up quite a bit after about 20 min of drive time, running the navigation. Any insight?

Advertisement
  2. wooks63

wooks63 Well-Known Member

I used it on an hour and a half journey. I had it in a cradle on the dashboard and it was a very sunny day. Whilst it warmed up, I wouldn't have said that it was excessively so.
  3. eugenekim618

My X10 was out of the sun and in a well ventilated area. Normally when not in use, the phone is phone, even while plugged into a car charger. Google Nav seems to be the cause...
  4. wooks63

wooks63 Well-Known Member

I don't think it's specifically Google Nav, but more the case that when the screen is on constantly, the phone does heat up. I know that when I've spent a while playing games on it, it's heated up. Again, it's warm but I wouldn't class it as 'hot'.
  5. surf_r_dude

surf_r_dude Well-Known Member

Yes, the phone does get a bit warmer, but its nothing when compared to my g1, after 10 minutes it would overheat at the bottom, and it would have a burning sensation when you put your hand on it... ouchhy
  6. eugenekim618

I have to agree with all of you now. I did a few more "test runs". The phone is marginally warmer than while sitting idle with the car charger plugged in and driving for a long distance. The phone wasn't "burning" hot...but did remind me of my Bold after 1hr of phone conversation....more hot than you would want it to be...