• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Google Maps navigation no longer working

JayzTwoDimes

Mar 15, 2015
I've had this issue for a while, but for some reason either because of a google maps update or my phone's GPS giving out, google maps navigation never works. It just says "searching for GPS" in the notification dropdown, and the arrow just sits stationary and never moves in the application, even when I'm driving. When I exit out of navigation in the app, my blue dot works completely fine. It moves to my direction and movement. I've tested this issue using both carbon rom, and as of right now, using the latest xperion rom with the latest freedom kernel. I'm also using the SD card hack if that would make a difference. This is a really annoying issue that's forcing me to buy a new phone that has a working GPS because I need it for driving. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If I remember correctly there is a sensor fix in the sd hack thread. You can try that or try gps without the sd hack. Not sure if this would help, but take a look just in case.

Also in most cases you can fix issues on the phone by factory restoring it with the kdz method. Click my signature and go to F6 section for the restore guide.

Reactions: viperdink
Upvote 0
If I remember correctly there is a sensor fix in the sd hack thread. You can try that or try gps without the sd hack. Not sure if this would help, but take a look just in case.

Also in most cases you can fix issues on the phone by factory restoring it with the kdz method. Click my signature and go to F6 section for the restore guide.
I feel like a noob but I can't find the kdz method of factory restoring. I do know how to use the lg mobile support tool restore method though. I tried installing the sensor fix with the sd hack and also tried it without the sd hack at all. Still no working google maps :(

Upvote 0
@jaytwodimes

I feel like a noob but I can't find the kdz method of factory restoring. I do know how to use the lg mobile support tool restore method though. I tried installing the sensor fix with the sd hack and also tried it without the sd hack at all. Still no working google maps :(

If You look under your devices battery and P/M the Information it says,
I'll provide you with everything you need to restore you device the way it was when it was new. Please Include the carrier it came from to expedite you personal needs.
viperdink

BE NICE TO OUR DEVS AND EACH OTHER.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones