Google Maps NavigationSupport

Last Updated:

1. IDShade95

IDShade95 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I am on DD10, and when I go to use Google Maps Navigation, it just keeps searching for GPS. Help?

Advertisement
  2. Stoney62

Stoney62 Well-Known Member

In Settings/ Location and Security, Have you checked Use GPS Satellites?

3. emcube

emcube Active Member

i'm having the same issue. sprint navigation does'nt work either. agps works fine but can't get the gps to find my location.

4. IDShade95

Yes, I have checked and double-checked that Use GPS Satellites is checked.

5. decalex

decalex Well-Known Member

It has worked for me fine, but occasionally, takes anywhere from immediately to a couple of minutes to get my location. But so far, DD10 has been much better than my CL14 experience with GPS.

6. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

Curious, for me (and for many others from what I've read) the 2.1 leak(dc23/dd03/dd10) reverts the phone back to the broken agps cj05 days. When not using satellite data, Google maps consistently puts me 22 miles from my home when I'm in my home, just like before the cl14 update. Depressingly, actual GPS performs just like with 1.5, probably crushing what little hope I had that new drivers would improve it's weak reception. GPS works, but will loose lock with the slightest obstruction and tenuous lock makes Sprint Nav lag. Hopefully, the release update will fix agps (again) and possibly Google navigation will utilize it to fill in for the weak gps antenna. Unfortunately, Google navigation is a huge step backward in navigation ui. All this leads me to believe that this phone will never be a dependable navigation device, falling short even of my old Mogul in that category. There's still time for the 2.1 release to change my opinion though.

7. IDShade95

Well when I have GPS selected and just 3G with Wireless Networks off and on, Google Maps Always has me in the exact location I am.

8. itmike

itmike Well-Known Member

In my experience google navigation works just as well as my garmin. I have problems with sprint navigation though.

IDShade95 likes this.
  9. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

Huh? ^^^:confused:

Google maps is fine when the gps can "see" the satellites. The problem is when it can't and has to rely on tower location only.

10. IDShade95

Okay, I feel like a total ******... the problem was that when it was only using gps, it would still search, but with gps and wireless network on, it immediately locked on and started navagating.