Google Maps not updating

Last Updated:

1. rioja

rioja Guest This Topic's Starter

Yet another sync issue. I don't know about you guys but I'm getting really tired of these things randomly failing.

Today I used Google Maps as I had some running around to do. I was not using GPS, I have it turned off and have full HSPA (H) showing on phone. Anyways, I put in my first stop and GMaps gave me the directions right away... so no problem.

After I was done at the first place, I put in my second stop. GMaps showed exactly the same directions :confused:. I've been home now for about 1/2 and still, the exact same directions no matter what I put in.

I have not turned the phone off/on or anything like that, because quite frankly, I shouldn't have to!

Anyone get this happening with GMaps?

Advertisement
  2. Bhav

Bhav Well-Known Member

Why not? Every electronic device needs restarting from time to time! lol

To answer your q: never had this problem.

3. rioja

You've misunderstood. I did not turn the phone off while I was out. It's turned off every night

4. Bhav

Bhav Well-Known Member

Oh I see! Hmm...strange issue. Perhaps there's something in Manage Applications that lets you "clear data" under Google Maps?

5. rioja

It appear using Clear Map under Menu in Google Maps resets it and then it can find the directions.

Very annoying if this must be done every time. I've used GMaps on Blackberry and iPhone and it wasn't necessary to clear the previous search.